Evert E. Lindquist, Ph.D.
Honorary Research Associate
Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada,
K.W. Neatby Bldg., 960 Carling Avenue,
Ottawa, ON, K1A 0C6
E-mail: Evert.Lindquist@agr.gc.ca; email@example.com
- Animal Protection Systematics
- Biodiversity Assessment and Evaluation
- Specialist for nearly 50 years on world fauna of predatory mite family Ascidae, and on world fauna of phytophagous, fungivorous, parasitic and predatory mites of family Tarsonemidae.
- Provides authoritative information for Agriculture Canada's National Identification Service for several thousand species in about 100 families of mites and ticks, including parasites, predators, plant-feeders, fungivores, and stored food and allergy-causing pests.
- Long-establilshed interests in: systematics and phylogenetics of Acari diversi; homology and standardized terminology of acarine external structures; symbiotic relationships between mites, insects, nematodes, and fungi; biodiversity of targeted mite taxa in selected ecosystems.
- 2011-present: Member, Entomological Society of America
- 1992-1998: Member, International Executive Committee, Congress of Acarology
- 1992-1999: Collaborator & Visiting Instructor, Arthropods of La Selva Project, Costa Rica
- 1988-present: Member, European Association of Acarologists
- 1987: Visiting Lecturer, Instituto Politecnico Nacional, and Colegio de Postgraduados, Mexico
- 1983: Visiting Lecturer, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
- 1972-1988: Visiting Lecturer, Summer Acarology Program, Ohio State University
- 1971-1983: Adjunct Professor, Biology Department, Carleton University
- 1971-present: Charter Member, Acarological Society of America
- 1959-present: Member, Entomological Society of Canada
- 1974: Acarology Award, Ohio State University, for outstanding work on systematics of Acari
- 1975-1976: Governing Board member, Acarological Society of America
- 1976-1981: Editorial Board member, "International Journal of Acarology", Michigan
- 1982: Invited key speaker, 6th International Congress of Acarology, Edinburgh
- 1982- Editorial Board member, "Acarologia", Paris
- 1984- Fellow, Entomological Society of Canada
- 1985- Charter Editorial Board member, "Experimental & Applied Acarology", Amsterdam
- 1986-1992: Editorial Board member, "Canadian Journal of Zoology", Ottawa
- 1988: Special Award, Ohio State University, for outstanding contributions to agricultural acarology
- 1990-1998: International Executive Committee, Congress of Acarology
- 1993: Invited representative for acarology in NSF-sponsored Workshop, University of Pennsylvania, on feasibility of a large-scale All Taxa Biodiversity Inventory (ATBI)
- 1996: Lead editor, volume 6: Eriophyoid Mites, World Crop Pests Series, Elsevier Science Publishers
- 1998: Keynote speaker, 10th International Congress of Acarology, Canberra
- 2002: Honorary Lifetime Member, International Congress of Acarology, in recognition of outstanding contributions to systematics, phylogenetics, morphology and biodiversity of Acari
- 2002: Latin-American Society of Acarology, Award, in recognition of exceptional contributions to supporting development of acarology in Latin American countries
- 2011: Entomological Society of America Annual Meeting, Reno, Member Symposia: "Evert Lindquist’s Approach to the Taxonomic Impediment in Acarology: Diversity in Specialization".
- 2011: Award, Acarological Society of America Annual Meeting, Reno, for outstanding contributions to Acarology
About 100 publications on systematics, phylogeny, bionomics, ecology, symbiosis, structural morphology and homology, nomenclature, and faunistics of mites and ticks. Coeditor of one book. About 45 other miscellaneous, book review, and electronic publications. To see a complete list, click here.
This page last updated
Dr. Fred Beaulieu
Canadian National Collection of Insects, Arachnids and Nematodes
Home | Role | History | CanaColl | Units | Index