- 1981. Storing insect specimens in gelatin capsules. Workshop on Care and Maintenance of Natural History Collections, Ottawa, Ont.
- 1982. Classification, morphology and phylogeny of the family Cicadellidae (Rhynchota: Homoptera). First International Workshop on Auchenorrhyncha of Economic Importance, London, UK.
- 1988. Cretaceous Homoptera from Brazil: a test of cladistics. International Congress, Vancouver, Canada.
- 1988. Ten million years of evolution: biosystematics of Errhomus (Homoptera: Cicadellidae). Entomological Society of America, Louisville, KY.
- 1990. Auchenorrhynchous evidence for three generations of relict grasslands. Combined meetings of the International Workshop on Auchenorrhyncha of Economic Importance and the International Auchenorrhyncha Annual Meeting, Wooster, Ohio.
- 1992. Leafhopper evidence for origins of northeastern relict prairies (Insecta: Homoptera: Cicadellidae). Thirteenth North American Prairie Conference, Windsor, Ont.
- 1993. Origins of northern prairies as indicated by their leafhoppers faunas. Joint meeting of the American Institute of Biological Sciences and Botanical Society of America, Ames, Iowa.
- 1993. Evolution of Limotettix Sahlberg (Homoptera: Cicadellidae), in peatlands. Joint Annual Meeting of the Entomological Society of America and the Entomological Society of Canada, Montréal, Québec.
- 1994. Evaluation of leafhoppers and their relatives (Insecta: Homoptera: Auchenorrhyncha) as indicators of prairie preserve quality. 14th Annual North American Prairie Conference, Manhattan, Kansas.
- 1994. Distribution and dispersal of leafhoppers in grassland environments. Prairie Invertebrates Fourth Annual Meeting, Newburg, Wisconsin.
- 1996. Are bugs endangered? Joint meeting of the 23rd Natural Areas, 15th North American Prairie and Indiana Dunes Ecosystems Conferences, Naperville, Illinois.
- 1997. Leafhoppers (Insecta: Homoptera: Cicadellidae) as indicators of endangered ecosystems. Conference of the Canadian Council on Ecological Areas, Fredericton, New Brunswick.
- 1999. Leafhoppers (Insecta: Homoptera: Cicadellidae) as biogeographic indicators. Entomological Society of Canada, Saskatoon, Sask.
- 2000. Prairie bugs you should know. Prairie Invertebrates Tenth Annual Meeting, Newburg, Wisconsin.
- 2000. Endemism and dispersal of short-horned bugs (Homoptera, Auchenorrhyncha) in Pacific Northwest intermontane grasslands. Joint Annual Meeting of the Entomological Society of America and the Entomological Society of Canada, Montréal, Québec.
- 2003. Abundant opportunities: bugs and natural regions of the prairies. Plain as the Eye Can See: a conference on changing prairie landscapes.